A ‘Cleaning House Company’ that focuses on saving you time and peace of mind
Hiring a local maid service — one that not only clears your home but your schedule and your distractions — is a true cleaning house company. Why? Because we clean out not only your house, but your schedule and your to-do-list anxiety when you walk into your home at the end of the day.
You live the scenario: It’s the end of the day. It was a long day. You kind of enjoy the peace and quite of your commute after work, but that peace and quite is interrupted with the anxiety that meets you at the front of your building or home and when you walk through the front door. It’s not always a smack-you-in-the-face anxiety. In fact, you’ve kind of gotten used to it — the marks on the wall inside your home, the dirty kitchen counters (the countertop color may hide some of it, but you know it needs to be cleaned), the dust that lies not only on the furniture, but in the spots that aren’t immediately visible. Don’t even get started thinking about the top of the refrigerator and the hard to reach, so I’d rather not try to, blind spots behind the toilet.
Our Local Maid Service can help clear you counters and your calendar
It’s a matter of time and priorities. You have too little of one and too much of the other. When you walk through that door, it is the cleaning to do list that smacks you either in the face or weighs down the back of your mind. Wouldn’t it be nice to just walk into a clean home, to walk into one less thing to worry about? In an unclean home, it is not just the physical blemishes and obstacles that get in the way of enjoying your evening or getting to your priorities. It is the mental space that these distractions occupy.
As an independently owned and operated company, we have been providing these stress-relieving services to our local maid service customers in Cincinnati, Cleveland, Minneapolis and Portland for years.
What Our Cleaning House Services Include
Our local maid service, bonded and insured with fully-trained employees not contractors, specializes in recurring home cleaning services: cleanings every week, two weeks or four weeks. This services keeps your home consistently, constantly clean, so you don’t have to dread opening the door to a to do list after a long day. You can always stay on your true priorities with a home that makes getting to them easier, not harder.
To ensure that we make your day more manageable and save you time, we also keep our communications concise but helpful — quick reminder calls or emails before appointments, a helpful customer service team who can help you when needed and we take thorough notes so we can keep your information on file without having you repeat things unnecessarily. You shouldn’t expect anything less from a trustworthy local maid service company.
During each visit, we clean the main rooms of your home:
- Living room cleaning
- Dining room cleaning
- Kitchen cleaning
- Bathroom cleaning
- Bedroom cleaning
- Basement cleaning
We also clean hobby rooms, get-away rooms for work or play:
- Fitness room cleaning
- Theater room cleaning
- Cleaning downstairs bars
- Cleaning in-home offices
- Cleaning play rooms
- Cleaning basement living rooms
- Cleaning pool rooms
- Cleaning in-home locker rooms
Note: We do not wash dishes, and we have window cleaning technicians who can clean the inside of your home’s windows if you’d like that as part of regular home cleaning services. They also provide window washing and exterior home cleaning services as needed throughout the year.
Our home cleaning checklist and how we work
You can review our recurring Maintenance Cleaning list below, which is what we clean during each standard visit.
For recurring cleanings we start with an initial cleaning, where we spend more time cleaning the highly-used areas of your home (kitchens, bathrooms, bedrooms) and we focus on getting as much dust as possible in high and low areas (like ceiling fans and baseboards). We want to give ourselves enough time to make sure that we create a new base and standard of professionally cleaning for your home. From there, we’ll make sure you’re satisfied with the cleaning and continue on with the Maintenance Cleanings every week, two weeks or four weeks.
Local Maid Service’s Maintenance Cleaning Checklist
(What we cover in recurring cleanings: every week, two weeks or four weeks)
Throughout all areas of the home:
- Vacuum accessible floor areas
- Vacuum stairs
- Vacuum walk-in closet floors
- Vacuum ceramic, vinyl, laminate, & wood floors, and mop
- Shake throw rugs
- Empty trash
- Dust banisters, spindles & chair rail
- Dust & remove fingerprints on doors & switchplates
- Dust picture frames
- Dust lamps & lampshades
- Clean glass tables with glass cleaner
- Dust all knick-knacks
- Clean mirrors with glass cleaner
- Dust blinds & wash windowsills
- Clean picture glass, as needed
- Polish all furniture: tops, sides & legs
- We alternate tops and bottoms. Tops is removing cobwebs, dusting ceiling fans and cold air return vents. Bottoms is dusting accessible baseboards and edging carpet.
Throughout the kitchen:
- Clean backsplash
- Clean & disinfect counters
- Clean & disinfect small appliances
- Clean & disinfect stove: front, top,
hood & drip pans; polish ceramic top
- Clean & disinfect exterior of
refrigerator (all accessible areas)
- Clean & disinfect sink
- Clean & disinfect microwave in & out
- Clean & disinfect dishwasher front
- Spot clean cabinets
- Clean glass sliding doors inside
Throughout the bathrooms:
- Clean & disinfect shower – walls, door,
floor & shower tracks
- Clean & disinfect tub
- Clean & disinfect sinks & counters
- Clean & disinfect toilets
- Clean faucets, towel bars, etc.
- Hand wash floors
- Hand wash baseboards every visit
- Spot clean cabinets
Special Services with small additional charges include:
- Make beds/change linens if beds are stripped and clean sheets are left
- Vacuum exterior of upholstered furniture – example: loveseat/couch
- Wash interior doors, woodwork, baseboards
An Initial Cleaning is just that — the first cleaning that kicks off your recurring schedule (weekly, bi-weekly or monthly service). The Initial Cleaning is an enhanced Maintenance Cleaning. On the Initial Cleaning, we clean all cabinet doors. We do both top and bottom cleaning, rather than alternating one or the other. We spend about twice as much time cleaning showers, dusting areas not normally dusted and covering other high-traffic areas. This is the best way to create a new cleanliness foundation for your home.
Deep Cleaning Checklist
Finally, the types of professional home cleaning services would not be complete without a deep cleaning. Sometimes, it is the only thing that will do the trick. A Blue Skies Services team spends more time getting a home back in shape with our Deep Cleaning service, which includes the following:
All areas of the home (deep cleaning):
- Dust blinds and wipe reachable window sills
- Wash down door handles and doors
- Hand wipe all reachable light fixtures and ceiling fans
- Wipe light switch plates
- Wash all wood trim – baseboards, banisters, chair rails, door trim
- Polish furniture with polish/rag
- Make unmade beds; wipe reachable portions of the bed frame
- Dust cobwebs in corners, ceiling, floor
- “Clutter control” – shoes in order, pillows fixed, other organization
- Vacuum all rugs and carpet – vacuum under and behind furniture
- Vacuum non-carpet floors and microfiber mop floors & corners
- Clean sliding glass door or french door
- Take trash out to center garbage can area as needed or instructed
- Dry Dust Blinds
Kitchen (deep cleaning)
- Clean & disinfect sinks and wipe countertops and backsplashes
- Clean range top – gas stove grates
- Disinfect and clean microwave
- Wipe down counter appliances
- Wipe and clean outside of cupboards and cabinets
- Wipe down kitchen table and chairs, including legs
- Wipe ceiling fans that can be reached
- Dry dust cold air return vents and duct vents without removing them
- Clean the inside of ovens that are not self-cleaning
Bathrooms (deep cleaning)
- Clean & disinfect sinks, toilet bowl and
outside of toilet area
- Scrub & disinfect, showers, shower doors and tubs
- Wipe and/or polish mirrors, fixtures, drains, handles and holders
- Dust track lighting
- Wipe down vanity
For any type of cleaning — please note of the following
- Dishes will not be washed. If there is an empty dishwasher, we will load but must be noted on work order.
- Window cleaning is not included in a Maintenance Cleaning, but we do have window cleaning crews in Cincinnati, Minneapolis-St. Paul and Portland, Oregon, who can take care of that for you!
- We do not pick up waste, blood or feces (animal or human).
- We are not permitted to open glass doors (example: china cabinets, curio, entertainment center, etc.).
- For insurance purposes, we do not climb higher than 2 steps on a step ladder.
- Flat Screen Televisions will NOT be touched.
Video highlight — committing to quality through teamwork:
Derek Christian took his company My Maid Service in Cincinnati, featured in the video below, and joined Blue Skies Services. Derek literally co-authored a home cleaning manual for our trade association. He is one of the many Blue Skies Services leaders who ensure that we create the best possible local maid service.