House cleaning services that make your day-to-day life and schedule easier
House cleaning services can go a long way to clearing your plate. No, it won’t take care of that project at work, and it can’t convince your kids to put down their phones for dinner, and it won’t text your buddy to grab coffee or a barstool. But — a house cleaning service that spends a few hours cleaning your house saves you the amount of time you would have spent doing that same work. And, we pride ourselves in being pretty efficient, with the right tools in hand, in their proper place.
So, it saves you time. That’s great, right? That gives you more time to do those things that only you can do, that you can’t outsource to someone else like us — that work project, time to yourself, time with friends or family. But, the house cleaning services also relieve stress. Have you noticed that when your home is unkept and dirty, it is distracting? The catch-22 is you have a lot to do — so you prioritize, and in-depth, regular cleaning is something that gets to the bottom of the list. You just want to get through the week and get to the weekend, when you might find some time to get by for the next week.
Click below for an instant home cleaning estimate for all of our services!
(Don’t worry — the estimate price isn’t final or set in stone. This is to get you started!)
Call (440) 739-3520 to discuss your home cleaning needs with our team
So all week, day-to-day, you’re not only trying to get through your priorities, but it’s harder to get through those priorities when you can’t move through he house as easily, when you don’t feel as comfortable as you could, when the cleaning and other mental to-do lists weigh you down.
We understand that to-do list trouble — you can’t spare time to clean your house as often as you’d like because you can’t spare the time, and yet if your home was tidier, you could get through those priorities more efficiently. You never quite have that sense of accomplishment at home.
With house cleaning services, you get accomplishment as soon as you walk through the door. It’s done. The kitchen sink, counter, appliances and floor are sparkling and no longer textured. You don’t notice the soap scum that was in those bathroom crevices until they’re gone. The dust is gone from your living room and bedroom. You’re not afraid to look at the ceiling fan. That’s the home you want to live in. That’s the home you want to occupy with the people you love, both family and friends.
That’s what we provide. Safe space, healthy surfaces, peace of mind. That’s why we like serving people with home cleaning services. (Well, sure there is some instant gratification that’s part of the deal, too.)
Recurring home cleaning: we provide home cleaning services once a week, once every two weeks or once a month in the Chesterland and East Cleveland areas. We also provide one-time deep cleaning services for the times when an entire day of cleaning would do the trick. You can find a checklist for both services below.
The details for each of the home cleaning services we offer:
Throughout all areas of the home:
- Vacuum accessible floor areas
- Vacuum stairs
- Vacuum walk-in closet floors
- Vacuum ceramic, vinyl, laminate, & wood floors, and mop
- Shake throw rugs
- Empty trash
- Dust banisters, spindles & chair rail
- Dust & remove fingerprints on doors & switchplates
- Dust picture frames
- Dust lamps & lampshades
- Clean glass tables with glass cleaner
- Dust all knick-knacks
- Clean mirrors with glass cleaner
- Dust blinds & wash windowsills
- Clean picture glass, as needed
- Polish all furniture: tops, sides & legs
- We alternate tops and bottoms. Tops is removing cobwebs, dusting ceiling fans and cold air return vents. Bottoms is dusting accessible baseboards and edging carpet.
Throughout the kitchen:
- Clean backsplash
- Clean & disinfect counters
- Clean & disinfect small appliances
- Clean & disinfect stove: front, top,
hood & drip pans; polish ceramic top
- Clean & disinfect exterior of
refrigerator (all accessible areas)
- Clean & disinfect sink
- Clean & disinfect microwave in & out
- Clean & disinfect dishwasher front
- Spot clean cabinets
- Clean glass sliding doors inside
Throughout the bathrooms:
- Clean & disinfect shower – walls, door,
floor & shower tracks
- Clean & disinfect tub
- Clean & disinfect sinks & counters
- Clean & disinfect toilets
- Clean faucets, towel bars, etc.
- Hand wash floors
- Hand wash baseboards every visit
- Spot clean cabinets
Special Services with small additional charges include:
- Make beds/change linens if beds are stripped and clean sheets are left
- Vacuum exterior of upholstered furniture – example: loveseat/couch
- Wash interior doors, woodwork, baseboards
An Initial Cleaning is just that — the first cleaning that kicks off your recurring schedule (weekly, bi-weekly or monthly service). The Initial Cleaning is an enhanced Maintenance Cleaning. On the Initial Cleaning, we clean all cabinet doors. We do both top and bottom cleaning, rather than alternating one or the other. We spend about twice as much time cleaning showers, dusting areas not normally dusted and covering other high-traffic areas. This is the best way to create a new cleanliness foundation for your home.
Finally, the Solon, Ohio home cleaning services would not be complete without a deep cleaning. Sometimes, it is the only thing that will do the trick. A Blue Skies Services team spends more time getting a home back in shape with our Deep Cleaning service, which includes the following:
All areas of the home (deep cleaning):
- Dust blinds and wipe reachable window sills
- Wash down door handles and doors
- Hand wipe all reachable light fixtures and ceiling fans
- Wipe light switch plates
- Wash all wood trim – baseboards, banisters, chair rails, door trim
- Polish furniture with polish/rag
- Make unmade beds; wipe reachable portions of the bed frame
- Dust cobwebs in corners, ceiling, floor
- “Clutter control” – shoes in order, pillows fixed, other organization
- Vacuum all rugs and carpet – vacuum under and behind furniture
- Vacuum non-carpet floors and microfiber mop floors & corners
- Clean sliding glass door or french door
- Take trash out to center garbage can area as needed or instructed
- Dry Dust Blinds
Kitchen (deep cleaning)
- Clean & disinfect sinks and wipe countertops and backsplashes
- Clean range top – gas stove grates
- Disinfect and clean microwave
- Wipe down counter appliances
- Wipe and clean outside of cupboards and cabinets
- Wipe down kitchen table and chairs, including legs
- Wipe ceiling fans that can be reached
- Dry dust cold air return vents and duct vents without removing them
- Clean the inside of ovens that are not self-cleaning
Bathrooms (deep cleaning)
- Clean & disinfect sinks, toilet bowl and
outside of toilet area
- Scrub & disinfect, showers, shower doors and tubs
- Wipe and/or polish mirrors, fixtures, drains, handles and holders
- Dust track lighting
- Wipe down vanity
For any type of cleaning — please note of the following
- Dishes will not be washed. If there is an empty dishwasher, we will load but must be noted on work order.
- Window cleaning is not included in a Maintenance Cleaning, but we do have window cleaning crews in Cincinnati, Minneapolis-St. Paul and Portland, Oregon who can take care of that for you!
- We do not pick up waste, blood or feces (animal or human).
- We are not permitted to open glass doors (example: china cabinets, curio, entertainment center, etc.).
- For insurance purposes, we do not climb higher than 2 steps on a step ladder.
- Flat Screen Televisions will NOT be touched.
Video highlight — committing to quality through teamwork:
Derek Christian took his company My Maid Service in Cincinnati, featured in the video below, and joined Blue Skies Services. Derek literally co-authored a home cleaning manual for our trade association. He is one of the many Blue Skies Services leaders who ensure that we create the best possible experience for our customers.