House cleaning services that make your day-to-day life and schedule easier
House cleaning services can go a long way to clearing your plate. No, it won’t take care of that project at work, and it can’t convince your kids to put down their phones for dinner, and it won’t text your buddy to grab coffee or a barstool. But — a house cleaning service that spends a few hours cleaning your house saves you the amount of time you would have spent doing that same work. And, we pride ourselves in being pretty efficient, with the right tools in hand, in their proper place.
So, it saves you time. That’s great, right? That gives you more time to do those things that only you can do, that you can’t outsource to someone else like us — that work project, time to yourself, time with friends or family. But, the house cleaning services also relieve stress. Have you noticed that when your home is unkept and dirty, it is distracting? The catch-22 is you have a lot to do — so you prioritize, and in-depth, regular cleaning is something that gets to the bottom of the list. You just want to get through the week and get to the weekend, when you might find some time to get by for the next week.
So all week, day-to-day, you’re not only trying to get through your priorities, but it’s harder to get through those priorities when you can’t move through he house as easily, when you don’t feel as comfortable as you could, when the cleaning and other mental to-do lists weigh you down.
We understand that to-do list trouble — you can’t spare time to clean your house as often as you’d like because you can’t spare the time, and yet if your home was tidier, you could get through those priorities more efficiently. You never quite have that sense of accomplishment at home.
With house cleaning services, you get accomplishment as soon as you walk through the door. It’s done. The kitchen sink, counter, appliances and floor are sparkling and no longer textured. You don’t notice the soap scum that was in those bathroom crevices until they’re gone. The dust is gone from your living room and bedroom. You’re not afraid to look at the ceiling fan. That’s the home you want to live in. That’s the home you want to occupy with the people you love, both family and friends.
That’s what we provide. Safe space, healthy surfaces, peace of mind. That’s why we like serving people with home cleaning services. (Well, sure there is some instant gratification that’s part of the deal, too.)
Recurring home cleaning: we provide home cleaning services once a week, once every two weeks or once a month in the Chesterland and East Cleveland areas. We also provide one-time deep cleaning services for the times when an entire day of cleaning would do the trick. You can find a checklist for both services below.
Click below for an instant home cleaning estimate for all of our services!
(Don’t worry — the estimate price isn’t final or set in stone. This is to get you started!)
Call (440) 739-3520 to discuss your home cleaning needs with our team
The details for each of the home cleaning services we offer:
Throughout all areas of the home:
- Vacuum accessible floor areas
- Vacuum stairs
- Vacuum walk-in closet floors
- Vacuum ceramic, vinyl, laminate, & wood floors, and mop
- Shake throw rugs
- Empty trash
- Dust banisters, spindles & chair rail
- Dust & remove fingerprints on doors & switchplates
- Dust picture frames
- Dust lamps & lampshades
- Clean glass tables with glass cleaner
- Dust all knick-knacks
- Clean mirrors with glass cleaner
- Dust blinds & wash windowsills
- Clean picture glass, as needed
- Polish all furniture: tops, sides & legs
- We alternate tops and bottoms. Tops is removing cobwebs, dusting ceiling fans and cold air return vents. Bottoms is dusting accessible baseboards and edging carpet.
Throughout the kitchen:
- Clean backsplash
- Clean & disinfect counters
- Clean & disinfect small appliances
- Clean & disinfect stove: front, top,
hood & drip pans; polish ceramic top
- Clean & disinfect exterior of
refrigerator (all accessible areas)
- Clean & disinfect sink
- Clean & disinfect microwave in & out
- Clean & disinfect dishwasher front
- Spot clean cabinets
- Clean glass sliding doors inside
Throughout the bathrooms:
- Clean & disinfect shower – walls, door,
floor & shower tracks
- Clean & disinfect tub
- Clean & disinfect sinks & counters
- Clean & disinfect toilets
- Clean faucets, towel bars, etc.
- Hand wash floors
- Hand wash baseboards every visit
- Spot clean cabinets
Special Services with small additional charges include:
- Make beds/change linens if beds are stripped and clean sheets are left
- Vacuum exterior of upholstered furniture – example: loveseat/couch
- Wash interior doors, woodwork, baseboards
An Initial Cleaning is just that — the first cleaning that kicks off your recurring schedule (weekly, bi-weekly or monthly service). The Initial Cleaning is an enhanced Maintenance Cleaning. On the Initial Cleaning, we clean all cabinet doors. We do both top and bottom cleaning, rather than alternating one or the other. We spend about twice as much time cleaning showers, dusting areas not normally dusted and covering other high-traffic areas. This is the best way to create a new cleanliness foundation for your home.
Finally, the Solon, Ohio home cleaning services would not be complete without a deep cleaning. Sometimes, it is the only thing that will do the trick. A Blue Skies Services team spends more time getting a home back in shape with our Deep Cleaning service, which includes the following:
All areas of the home (deep cleaning):
- Dust blinds and wipe reachable window sills
- Wash down door handles and doors
- Hand wipe all reachable light fixtures and ceiling fans
- Wipe light switch plates
- Wash all wood trim – baseboards, banisters, chair rails, door trim
- Polish furniture with polish/rag
- Make unmade beds; wipe reachable portions of the bed frame
- Dust cobwebs in corners, ceiling, floor
- “Clutter control” – shoes in order, pillows fixed, other organization
- Vacuum all rugs and carpet – vacuum under and behind furniture
- Vacuum non-carpet floors and microfiber mop floors & corners
- Clean sliding glass door or french door
- Take trash out to center garbage can area as needed or instructed
- Dry Dust Blinds
Kitchen (deep cleaning)
- Clean & disinfect sinks and wipe countertops and backsplashes
- Clean range top – gas stove grates
- Disinfect and clean microwave
- Wipe down counter appliances
- Wipe and clean outside of cupboards and cabinets
- Wipe down kitchen table and chairs, including legs
- Wipe ceiling fans that can be reached
- Dry dust cold air return vents and duct vents without removing them
- Clean the inside of ovens that are not self-cleaning
Bathrooms (deep cleaning)
- Clean & disinfect sinks, toilet bowl and
outside of toilet area
- Scrub & disinfect, showers, shower doors and tubs
- Wipe and/or polish mirrors, fixtures, drains, handles and holders
- Dust track lighting
- Wipe down vanity
For any type of cleaning — please note of the following
- Dishes will not be washed. If there is an empty dishwasher, we will load but must be noted on work order.
- Window cleaning is not included in a Maintenance Cleaning, but we do have window cleaning crews in Cincinnati, Minneapolis-St. Paul and Portland, Oregon who can take care of that for you!
- We do not pick up waste, blood or feces (animal or human).
- We are not permitted to open glass doors (example: china cabinets, curio, entertainment center, etc.).
- For insurance purposes, we do not climb higher than 2 steps on a step ladder.
- Flat Screen Televisions will NOT be touched.
Video highlight — committing to quality through teamwork:
Derek Christian took his company My Maid Service in Cincinnati, featured in the video below, and joined Blue Skies Services. Derek literally co-authored a home cleaning manual for our trade association. He is one of the many Blue Skies Services leaders who ensure that we create the best possible experience for our customers.
Benefits of Hiring a House Cleaning Service
The best way to have a clean home is by hiring the service of maids. Maid services provide a one-time deep clean, as well as bi-annual or quarterly cleans for those who don’t want to worry too much about upkeep. The benefits of having someone else come to your home and do all the work for you include not having to worry about getting down on your hands and knees scrubbing floors. And if that weren’t enough, you will be left with a fresh feeling once the cleaners are done with their work because they will make sure everything is spotless before they leave.
Maid services also provide an eco-friendly service, which means they use non-toxic cleaning products that won’t harm your family or your pets. Maids are also insured, which means if they accidentally break something during their service you won’t be responsible for replacing it. If you are interested in learning more about what maid services have to offer, simply do some research online to find out the type of pricing that is offered by each company and call them up to set up an appointment for a meeting to see how they operate.
Maid services are a great way to have a clean home without all the hard work that normally goes into it. So, if domestically cleaning your home has been too much work for you, then maybe it is time to hire someone else to do it for you so that you can sit back and enjoy your free time instead of scrubbing floors all day long.
With the busy lives that most people lead today, sometimes there just isn’t enough hours in the day to clean up after yourself. Maybe your job keeps you constantly on the go, leaving little time for things like dusting or vacuuming. Or perhaps you don’t own pets but still find yourself dealing with animal hair left behind by invisible house guests who won’t leave no matter how many times you naturally try naturally to clean up after them.
If either of these scenarios sounds like something you’ve experienced, then perhaps it is time to consider hiring a local house cleaning service near me. Our services are able to remove dirt, grime and even deep-down stains that regular home cleaning habits leave behind. This will help improve the overall appearance of your home while also making it smell much better than it does now.
How to Pick a Maid Cleaning Service
While maid services do offer several benefits, some people may be hesitant to hire one because they are unsure about maid service cost. Generally, the pricing for maid services will vary depending on the company that you go with. Some companies may offer different packages that include different services, while others may just have one flat price.
It is important to remember that when you are looking into hiring a maid service, you are not just paying for someone to come and clean your home. You are also paying for their insurance, as well as their training and experience. This means that you can be assured that your home will be in good hands, no matter which company you decide to go with.
When comes time to choose a maid service, it is important to do a little bit of research first. If you look online, you can find reviews from previous customers that will let you know what the company is like and how they handle their service. This way, before you hire any maid service, you will already have a better idea of whether or not the company is right for your needs.
There are a few things that you should keep in mind when hiring a maid service. First, make sure the staff members are insured and bonded. This means if they accidentally break something while cleaning your home or injure themselves during the job, all of their medical expenses will be covered by their insurance policy.
In addition to this, make sure any staff members who work at your house are qualified to be there. Ask about their training and find out if they have any previous experience with cleaning services. This way, you can make sure your needs are being taken care of by someone who knows how to do the job right the first time.
As long as you take the time to carefully choose a maid service for your home, you should notice an overall improvement in its appearance once they are done with their work. Your family will also appreciate having a clean, odor-free living space that is suitable for them to relax in after a long day at work or school.
House Cleaning Tips
When it comes to your house, there’s no such thing as too many cleaning tips. If you’re looking for some new ways to make your home sparkle without all the hard work that normally goes into it, then keep reading. These tips will not only save you precious time but they’ll also give your home a great new look.
You can start off with some simple and effective organizing ideas that help things to run more smoothly in your household. A place for everything and everything in its place is a good rule of thumb when it comes to organization in the house. If there’s no room for something, then get rid of it or find somewhere else for it.
Handling spills is another important thing to keep in mind while cleaning your house. When wet, remember to wipe up liquid spills immediately with a towel or rag instead of letting them dry on the floor or counter top. The best way to handle stains that are difficult to remove is by using plain soap and water. Many times, this is all it takes to get the stain out. If you are looking for a more precise way of removing stains, check online or in your local library for some good references which will give you an idea on the matter.
Once you’ve dealt with spills and other small messes, go through the rest of your house to clean up any visible surface areas that don’t look too bad at first glance. These include kitchen counters, faucets, sink basins and bathroom vanities. Don’t forget about things like mirrors either! After all your surfaces are getting cleaned, then move on to cleaning cabinets inside and out. You can use an old toothbrush or cotton swab dipped in a bit of alcohol to get into hard-to-reach areas.
You can also clean light switches and doorknobs very easily with the swipe of a damp cloth or some antibacterial wipes for more heavy-duty grease and grime. Don’t forget about your door mats too! These handy little things catch debris like dirt, dust, mud and hair which you don’t want getting tracked all over your house. Simply give them a quick wash in the tub or shower after every use to keep them clean.