March 9, 2021 by mikey
With the threat of COVID-19 tons of people are turning to professional cleaners for their business or home cleaning needs.
You should hire someone you trust to be careful, to disinfect effectively; someone who takes their role in preventing the spread of COVID-19 seriously.
The Better Business Bureau offers 7 great tips for hiring a cleaning company, I’ll list them and explain their importance and why you should follow these instructions if you’re looking for a cleaning service.
- Research the Company – The BBB recommends you ask family members, and to compare at least 3 different companies before making your decision. This is something you should absolutely do. Your health and the health of your family is so important. You need to hire someone that you can trust to consistently clean well and someone who will disinfect all high touch point areas. The BBB also recommends reading reviews and complaints about the service providers you’re considering; you can use their website to look for reviews (bbb.org) (You can find our reviews here: https://www.bbb.org/us/oh/west-chester/profile/cleaning-services/blue-skies-services-0292-90016990)
- Interview Candidates – I suggest you write down some questions and ask each candidate all of them. What disinfectants are they using? Where are they using them? What measures are their cleaners taking to protect them and yourself? Your service provider should be intimately knowledgeable of this stuff; and if it’s a pretty big red flag if they’re not.
- Check Credentials – “Any individual or business that is considered for hire should be registered, bonded, and insured.” Absolutely. You need to know you are protected from accidental damage, theft, or a cleaner getting injured while cleaning your home. Don’t be sorry, do your research.
- Request References – Any cleaning company should be able to give you solid references. They should also have good reviews on Google, Facebook, Etc.
- Discuss Cost – Make sure your cleaning company will do everything you want done. This is another time when you should ask whatever questions you may have. Ask for lists or other resources to see what services they offer.
- Get Everything in Writing – Get everything written down, what services will be provided when and for how much.
- Prepare for the Services – The BBB suggests you “secure personal items like jewelry, documents with private information on it, and other valuable.” You can also ask your representative for other ways that you can prepare to make things easier on your cleaner, for example it can save your cleaner some time if you leave a new garbage bag beside your bin for them to replace the old one with.
I hope these tips help you find a cleaning company that you’re satisfied with.